I love muffins. They are easy to snack on, taste amazing and are super easy to adapt to a no wheat recipe! Boom! Of course they are really bad for you, especially this version I am going to show you, full of cheese and sun dried tomatoes and did I mention lots of cheese?
I suppose you could make a healthier version, replace the butter with something lighter, have no cheese, loads of veggies, but still, they’re going to be muffins. Plus I rarely bake these because they disappear pretty much immediately as they’re tasty and therefore only a treat.
It’s a super easy recipe that involves throwing everything in a bowl, mixing and then dishing out. That’s it. Originally it is from LifeStyle Food, and is an easily adaptable recipe for flavours, and even turning it into sweet muffins.
- 225g self raising flour mix (I use Dove Farms but I have also used rye and spelt, spelt very good!)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 75g melted butter (yes melted, much easier to mix)
- 175ml milk (I use semi skimmed because that’s what I have in the fridge)
- 1 egg
- 200g of cheese and sun dried tomatoes combined, so total weight 200g. Up to you how much of each (This could also just be 200g of stuff, vegetables, cheese, cooked meat etc.)
- Optional 100g soft brown sugar for sweet or fruit muffins
Put all of it into a bowl mix, put into muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden at 180c (gas 4). Mine can take up to an hour to bake, but our oven is about 50 years old and dying…
Then scoff them, because you can’t have just one, oh and they’re so good straight out of the oven!